Pastors and Spouses Retreat 2020 – Bay City, MI
EFFECTIVE MARCH 24, 2020 AT 12:01 AM THROUGH APRIL 13 AT 11:59 PM OUR BURTON OFFICE IS CLOSED IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE EXECUTIVE ORDER FROM THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. THE MINISTRY STAFF WILL WORK REMOTELY FROM THEIR HOMES AND ARE AVAILABLE TO SERVE YOU. CALLS TO THE REGIONAL OFFICE WILL BE FORWARDED TO OUR STAFF.
PLEASE NOTE THE APRIL 28th REGIONAL CONFERENCE WILL BE A VIRTUAL ONLINE CONFERENCE THIS YEAR.
About the Michigan Region
The Michigan Region offers a variety of services and ministries to assist the local church in winning, building and equipping disciples for Jesus Christ.
Our Michigan Region Staff is available to help your church with your ministry needs.
Our office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM OUR REGIONAL DIRECTOR:
In these days of chaos and rapid change, our God is the unshakeable foundation upon which we firmly stand. Knowing that we rest in His hands and that He is firmly in control gives us a peace that passes all understanding. These do not have to be dark days! They are days that God has given us; days in which we can thrive in relationship with Him and in ministry to those around us!
But that doesn’t change the fact that this is hard. So many things are up in the air, and the situation changes hourly. It seems that our carefully established security is being ripped away. Health and wealth have been the mainstay of American prosperity for so long that we have come to expect them to always be there. But now both health and wealth are in jeopardy, and there is a lot of uncertainty.
In these days, our purpose becomes even more clear. Get closer to Jesus! Spend your time off work or quarantined in your home in growing the bond between you and Him. Know Him in His Word. Seek His face in prayer. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind and all your strength.
Also, in these days, we must remember that our mission has not changed. Maybe our normal activities are curtailed, and we might not be able to meet with our church families, but our mission remains. There are people around us who need to find their way back to Jesus. There are people lost and alone and afraid. Look for opportunities to love with the love of Jesus and to show care like Jesus cares. Serve in Jesus’ Name, and share Him in love at every opportunity.
I encourage you to connect with your church family in whatever creative ways you can do so. Connect also with your family and use this time as a God-provided Sabbath of peace and renewal together. Decide to live in faith and dependence upon our Savior rather than in fear of what might happen to your health or your wealth.
The Apostle Paul gave this blessing to the church at Rome. It is a timely word for us today:
May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. – Romans 15:13
Jim Jordan, Regional Director
“Every Church mobilizing believers to intentionally lead people to Christ and make disciple-makers.”
Vision Impact… On Point
Every believer a Spirit-empowered follower of Christ
Every follower of Christ a disciple-maker
Every church a disciple-making, church planting church
Our Driving Passion
The Missionary Church is a family of churches committed to the authority of Jesus Christ, the Bible and the Great Commission.
- We pursue relationship with God as our top priority.
- We depend on the Holy Spirit through prayer.
- We introduce people to the gospel and multiply disciples everywhere.
- We value, strengthen and multiply churches.
- We develop Spirit-led leaders to advance God’s mission in the world.
Michigan Region News
- Michigan Region Manual
- MI Region News and Notes 2020-03
- Michigan Vision for a Disciple-Making Culture
- MI Region Conference Handbook 2020
For Our Churches
- Annual/Contact Report – Complete the report online or by printing and mailing to the Regional Resource Center. These reports are due to the Regional Resource Center on February 15.
- Monthly Church Report – This report is due by the first Friday of each month.
Dates to Remember
- April 28, 2020 – ReGen 2020 at Elkton Missionary Church
- June 15-19, 2020 – Brown City Kidz Camp
- July 19-25, 2020 – Mancelona Family Camp
- July 30-August 9, 2020 – Brown City Family Camp
- October 12-14 – Ministers’ Retreat, AuSable Institute, Mancelona
To Contact Us:
- 1091 Creekwood Trail, Burton, MI 48509
- Phone: 810-742-7462
- FAX: 810-742-8102
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: Monday through Thursday (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)