Michigan Region of the Missionary Church
1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
AUGUST 16, 2017
PRAISE & PRAYER:
- Praise the Lord for His work at BROWN CITY CAMP. Many lives were changed for eternity during the 10 days of camp. Please pray for those who responded to the ministry at camp.
- Sympathy is extended to the family of NORMA JEAN MARKS who slipped into the presence of Jesus on August 11. REV. GLENN & NORMA JEAN MARKS planted EVERGREEN MC, LOWELL and they resided in that area until a few years ago when they moved to Hubbard Hill Estates. Funeral visitation will take place on Friday, August 18, from 5-8 PM at the Roth-Gerst Funeral Home, 305 N. Hudson, Lowell. The funeral will take place on Saturday, August 19, at 11:00 AM at Evergreen MC, 10501 Settlewood Dr. SE, Lowell, MI. Memorial funds directed to Evergreen MC will be used for a mission project in her honor.
- Sympathy is also extended to the family of LILLIAN WILLIAMS who went home to heaven yesterday. Please pray for her husband, REV. WILLARD WILLIAMS, who was recently put into hospice care with liver cancer. Funeral arrangements are out of the Champagne Funeral Home in Elkton. Visitation will take place on Friday, August 18, at 10:00 AM with the funeral to follow at 11:00 at the ELKTON MISSIONARY CHURCH. LYNN MELCHER, wife of licensed lay-worker PAUL MELCHER – WATERTOWN MC, SANDUSKY, had surgery yesterday to remove a large abdominal mass. They were unable to remove the mass but did determine that it is cancer. At this time they are waiting for the pathology report to determine what course of action to pursue in shrinking the mass. Please pray for wisdom for her medical team as decisions are made. Pray for the Lord to give Lynn healing, peace and strength as she faces this diagnosis.
- DR. HYLA ROSS, FIRST MC, CLARKSTON, has macular degeneration in both eyes which is causing a serious loss of eyesight. Please pray with Hyla for restoration of sight and good medical treatment.
- REV. LANCE (STEPHANIE) WITHAM will be installed as the next pastor at NEW FAITH CHAPEL, ROMULUS, this Sunday. Pray for the Withams and the NFC family as they make this transition.
- Please continue to pray for World Partners Missionary to Russia, JANYNE JOHNSTON. She had heart surgery three weeks ago and is back in the hospital. Janyne had an endoscopy yesterday because she is having trouble keeping food down. Please pray.
- Please continue to pray for CORA VANSLAMBROOK, wife of Regional Oversight Council secretary REV. LARRY VANSLAMBROOK, who had eye surgery last month. The surgery was successful. Pray for continued healing and clearing of her right eye. Cora and Larry appreciate the prayer support.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INSTITUTE is offering Church History (100 Level)
- Dates: Saturdays (September 9,16,23)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Location: Resource Center, Burton
- Instructor: Dr. Alan Yerke
- Register by September 5
- The ANNUAL FALL MINISTERS’ RETREAT takes place at Au Sable Institute October 9-11. The brochure is available at: http://www.mcmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Min-Retreat-2017brochure.pdf
- PETE & URSALA HUBLEY will share about their ministry in Bulgaria at TRINITY MC, PETOSKEY this Sunday, August 20.
- MARRIAGE ON MISSION (sponsored by the THUMB NETWORK) featuring TOM & SANDI BLAYLOCK will take place at BROWN CITY CAMP on October 7 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Early bird registration (before September 1) cost is only $20 and includes lunch and two copies of the book Marriage on Mission. Registration cost between Sept.1 and Sept 30 is $40. Child care is provided from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM for $5 per family of three children. Contact REV. DAVE ENGLE at email@example.com for more information and to register.