1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
OCTOBER 11, 2017
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Remember to pray for the family of REV. WILLARD WILLIAMS. Willard’s home going service was yesterday and less than two months since the family buried LILLIAN.
- Continue to lift up LYNN MELCHER, wife of PASTOR PAUL MELCHER, WATERTOWN MC, SANDUSKY, who has now completed her radiation treatments. She will get the port for her chemo treatments on Monday. Those treatments will begin on October 23. Lynn and Paul are grateful for all those who have stepped in to help during her illness. The Melchers have incurred numerous medical bills this summer because of Lynn’s health. Any church or individual who wishes to provide a financial gift to help defray the medical expenses may send a check payable to the Michigan Region of the Missionary Church, 1091 Creekwood Trail, Burton, MI 484509. Please mark in the memo: Melcher gift. Thank you for your consideration.
- RUBY JORDAN, wife of REV. JIM JORDAN, LIGHTHOUSE MC, EAST JORDAN, is scheduled for an arthroscopic cleanup of her knee on October 17 to deal with some damage there. Please pray for a successful procedure and a quick recovery.
- Thirty-three of the Region’s pastors gathered this week at Au Sable Institute for our annual ministers’ retreat. We praise the Lord for this time of fellowship and refreshing. Pray for these pastors as they travel back to their places of ministry this afternoon.
- ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
- World Partners Missionary to Russia out of KALAMAZOO MC, JANYNE JOHNSTON, is now scheduled for her second surgery on November 2. Please continue to pray for her as she heals from heart bypass surgery.
- GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter of retired pastor REV. RICHARD (JUNE) CULP, has not been feeling well at all the past few days. She has been told that her potassium level is quite low. Pray that adjustments to her medication will help and that she will regain her stamina as she continues chemotherapy treatments for cancer.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- FAITH MC, FLINT, will host AWAKEN 2017 with DAVID GALLIMORE October 15-18. Service times: Sunday – 10:45 AM & 6:00 PM, Monday-Wednesday – 7:00 PM. Childcare is available for children three and under.
- PIZZA! PIZZA! LAUGHA! LAUGHA! takes place at DAVISON MC, 1481 N. Gale Rd., Davison, on October 18 with the doors opening at 5:45 PM. BOB SMILEY is the featured comedian. Tickets are $8.00 in advance or $10.00 at the door. Call (810) 653-2484 for tickets.
- ATTENTION PASTORS: All pastors are invited to attend our LEARNING COMMUNITY, October 19 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (lunch included) at FAITH MC, FLINT. Mark your calendars to join us for this day of interaction on practical aspects of pastoral ministry. REV. PHIL WHIPPLE, senior pastor at TRINITY MC, YALE, is the guest presenter. This event is free to all pastors but you must register by October 16.