1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
FEBRUARY 14, 2018
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Please pray for PASTOR JEFF POHLMAN & MARVIN SCHEMBER, BETHEL MC – YALE, as they serve in Puerto Rico. They are working to prepare the area and rebuild a church that was destroyed by Hurricane Maria. Continue to pray for their safety and that their ministry will be a blessing and encouragement to the people of Puerto Rico.
- Continue to pray for MARGARET HOSSLER, wife of REV. BILL HOSSLER (EVERGREEN MC, LOWELL), as she recovers from a recent auto accident. Pray that Margaret will be able to rest while wearing a restrictive neck brace and that the fracture in her neck will heal quickly.
- Continue to pray for World Partners missionary JANYNE JOHNSTON, KALAMAZOO MC, as she recovers from surgery. Pray that she will soon be able to return to her ministry in Russia.
- Pray for the BROWN CITY CAMP and MANCELONA CAMP BOARDS as they make plans for the upcoming camps. May the Lord prepare the hearts of all who will serve and all who will attend.
- Reports due this Thursday, February 15: Each January, a ministerial report must be filed with the district/region and denominational offices (mcusa.org) in order to retain credentials with the Missionary Church. Senior pastors are also responsible to see that the church statistical report is completed and returned. If it is not possible for you to submit the report(s) online, please contact Kay Aupperle at firstname.lastname@example.org paper forms. Copies of reports filed online are automatically sent to the district/region office in which you reside and to the denominational office.
- Michigan Region’s PASTORS & SPOUSES’ RETREAT takes place on March 2 & 3, 2018 at The DoubleTree Hotel in Bay City. Registrations are full. If you have not registered but would like to attend, we will take names to contact in the event of cancellations.
- The Bethel College Jazz Band will perform at DAVISON MC on Friday, February 23, 2018, at 7 PM. Everyone is welcome! A love offering will be received to help cover the band’s expenses.
- Field USA will hold a LEVEL #2 Discipleship Cycle Training on March 3, 2018 at Hillside Discipleship Church, 4025 N. Lapeer Rd., Lapeer. For more information, contact Carey at email@example.com
- CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INSTITUTE (CMI) will offer DOCTRINE OF THE BIBLE, a 200 level class, on March10, 17, 24 at DAVISON MC. The class will run from 9am to 2pm each Saturday. REV. DOUG CONNELLY is the instructor. This class teaches and confirms the importance of the Bible in our faith. Questions? Contact Pastor Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration information can be found at: http://www.mcmichigan.org/ministries/christian-ministries-institute/ $100.00 scholarships are available through the Region.
- Work teams are being formed by World Partners and sent to PUERTO RICO in February and March to help those who have been devastated by recent hurricanes. If you would like to join a team or feel led to form a team, please contact Leslie Foster at email@example.com for more information.
- To all Michigan Region Pastors, Delegates, and Church Leaders:
A special nominating committee has been formed by the Regional Oversight Council to begin the process of searching for a new Regional Director of the Michigan Region of the Missionary Church. Rev. Jim Keller has served in this capacity for almost twenty years. He is stepping down at the end of June, 2019, as he completes his fifth term.
The committee is calling our churches and pastors to two things. First, we are calling our Region to pray for God’s direction and wisdom as this search begins. We need the Lord’s help! Then we are asking pastors, delegates, church leaders, and church members to prayerfully submit the names of those they might recommend for this position. The Regional Director must be a male ordained pastor in the Missionary Church. He should have the gifts and abilities to lead our Region into the future and to cast a vision of where God is leading us. He should be a person filled with God’s Spirit and wisdom. If you have such a person in mind, write or email the chairman of the nominating committee, Pastor Doug Connelly (1481 N. Gale Rd., Davison, MI 48423 or firstname.lastname@example.org), by March 1, 2018. We probably will not ask or contact every person who is recommended, but we will give every person our consideration. Recommendations must be in writing and signed by the person doing the recommending (or identified as the sender in an email). No anonymous recommendations will be accepted.
Thank you for your prayerful response! Nominating Committee: Douglas Connelly (Chair), Ann Harrington, Nathan Fritz, Ryan King, Steve Severance; Jim Thompson, Alternates: Lynn Adams and Matt Mendenhall