E-PRAYER 1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509 Phone: (810) 742-7462 ~ Fax: (810) 742-8102 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
APRIL 1, 2020
PRAYER & PRAISE:
A devotional thought from Jim Jordan:
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen wait for the morning,
More than the watchmen wait for the morning. – Psalm 130: 5, 6
This is part of one of the psalms of ascent. It was one of the Scripture songs that the people of Israel would sing as they made their way up the road to Jerusalem on their way to worship at the temple. And within the ancient song is this declaration of waiting and hoping and trusting.
The author says that he is choosing to wait for the LORD. He is, in his inner person fixed and focused on the truth and unchanging stability of the Word of the Living God. That is where his hope lies, and not in anything this world has or does not have to offer.
He makes sure to put his waiting hope upon the Lord. He says he is more intent upon that than the watchmen who wait in longing expectation for the morning. He repeats the phrase for emphasis, bringing to mind the welcome of the first rays of light that signal that the dangerous night is past, and the new day is dawning bright once again.
In these days of chaos, concern and uncertainty, I encourage you to fix your waiting hope upon the LORD, who is our Rock and Refuge. Go to His Word and make a conscious choice to fix your mind and heart on the solid foundation of His eternal truth. There is much that we don’t know, and many things that were stable are being shaken. But as we determine to look at God and to seek Him even more intensely than those who are enduring the dark night watch in hope for the new day, He will help us, deliver us and see us through.
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. – Psalm 27:14
- Continue to pray for our country and world as we are in the midst of the COVID 19 pandemic. Remember to pray for our government leaders to have wisdom and compassion as they give direction. Pray for our medical, front-line workers who are risking their lives to give aid to the sick and dying. Pray for the Church world-wide to know how to be the Church to a world that needs Jesus.
- From World Partners, we have this prayer request: As the Corona virus hits parts of the world where people normally live day by day, the reality of social distancing and buying supplies to last for several days is a totally different story than it is for most of us in America. Pray for those in countries where they have don’t have the ways to protect themselves from the virus that we do. Pray for the missionaries and health workers who minister among them.
ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Please continue to pray for REV. CHARLIE GREEN, NEW HOPE FELLOWSHIP MC, CLARE. Charlie was called in on Monday for blood work and, praise the Lord, received a call on Tuesday that he in now officially on the list for a liver transplant. About every ten days Charlie has paracentesis, a fluid removal procedure which takes off between 1.5 and 2 gallons of fluid from his abdomen. Charlie and Joyce appreciate your prayer support.
- Pray that FAY BULLOCK, wife of PASTOR DALE BULLOCK, MIZPAH MC, CASS CITY, will keep on making progress in her physical therapy and recovery.
- BRENDA MANN, wife of REV. DAVE MANN, WORLD PARTNERS DIRECTOR is in a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility in Fort Wayne. Her family cannot visit her during the Corona virus situation. Pray for all of them during this quarantine.
- REGIONAL CONFERENCE NEWS – Due to the current health crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Michigan Regional Oversight Council has taken action to cancel this year’s on site Annual Regional Conference scheduled for April 28 at Elkton Missionary Church and replace it with a virtual online conference. When available, information regarding the online conference will be sent to all credentialed ministers. Thank you for your understanding.
- UPCOMING EVENTS: We will keep you posted in the E-Prayer and on the website if there are any changes in the upcoming events in light of the Corona virus situation.
- APRIL 28 – VIRTUAL ONLINE REGIONAL CONFERENCE
- JUNE 15-19 – BROWN CITY KIDZ CAMP
- JULY 19-26 – MANCELONA FAMILY CAMP
- JULY 30-AUGUST 9 – BROWN CITY FAMILY CAMP
- OCTOBER 12-14 – MINISTERS’ RETREAT, AUSABLE, MANCELONA