E-PRAYER 1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Phone: (810) 742-7462 ~ Fax: (810) 742-8102 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
JUNE 3, 2020
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Congratulations to REV. JUSTIN & MICHELLE KUHL, SON’S LIFE MC (SEBEWAING), on the birth of their son KEITH SERAPHIM ISAAC KUHL, born May 29, 2020 at 1:47 AM. He weighed in at 7lbs 2oz, 20.5 inches long. Dad reports: “Ten fingers Ten toes! Momma and baby are doing great. He’s here and he’s awesome. AND he shares a birthday with his big sister Selah.”
- TERRY TAUBITZ, wife of REV. FRANK TAUBITZ (WARREN COMMUNITY CHURCH) is scheduled for a laparoscopic appendectomy tomorrow. Thanks for praying for Terry.
- Pray for our country during this time of racial and civil unrest. May we each seek to have the mind of Christ in these matters.
- Continue to pray for those in the Midland/Sanford area who were displaced and/or lost their homes to the flooding last month when the dams were compromised. Samaritan’s Purse has been active in the area as well as other relief organizations. PASTOR DAVID KISSINGER, MIDLAND MC, has been organizing donations and housing for teams coming to help with Samaritan’s Purse. NEW LIFE MC (BAY CITY) has sent folks to help in the clean up efforts and a team is coming this week from COLLEGE PARK MC (North Central Dist.). If you or your church would like to help, contact Pastor David at (989) 631-4467 or email@example.com
- As Michigan begins to reopen following the stay-at-home order, pray that people will be wise in their decision making and kind in their responses to those who may have opinions that differ from their own.
- CROSSROADS COMMUNITY CHURCH, CHINA TWP. praises the Lord that they are still able to provide food distributions throughout the month of June thanks to funds from the federal government. Their Richmond Community Outreach (RCO) is planning an outdoor gathering with food, activities, and a message for the end of June. The persons of peace in that community are taking ownership of the gathering and the process. They are celebrating God’s love, a step in the direction of holding services soon.
- PRAY FOR OUR CHURCHES IN TRANSITION:
- BLISS MC, LEVERING – REV. JIM (LOIS) JORDAN, interim
- EVERGREEN MC, LOWELL – REV. DOUG (KAREN) CONNELLY, interim
- KALAMAZOO MC – search process continues
- LAMOTTE MC, MARLETTE – REV. KARL (RACHEL) WILLIAMS has resigned and concludes his ministry at the church June 21. Karl has accepted an associate position at a church in Kentucky.
- PARKSIDE CC, STERLING HEIGHTS – REV. TOM (RITA) KNIGHT, interim
ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS
- GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter of retired Regional pastor REV. RICHARD & JUNE CULP, has been having a problem swallowing so they inserted a feeding tube while she was in the hospital. She has been released to a nursing home for therapy. Things are, of course, more complicated due to the restrictions with coronavirus visitation. The swallowing issue is caused by the brain tumor and said, by the doctor, to be permanent. Pray for GAIL, her husband, STEVE, and their boys.
- Please continue to pray for REV. CHARLIE GREEN, NEW HOPE FELLOWSHIP MC, CLARE. Charlie is on the waiting list for a liver transplant. Your prayers are appreciated.
- BRENDA MANN, wife of REV. DAVE MANN, WORLD PARTNERS DIRECTOR has been released from the hospital and returned to the nursing facility. Dave and her family are still unable to visit her.
- BROWN CITY KIDZ CAMP (formerly Happy Time Camp) – The leadership team for Brown City Kidz Camp along with the Brown City Camp Board has made the decision to cancel the Brown City Kidz Camp scheduled for June 15 -19, 2020 due to the ongoing issues with the coronavirus. The camp did not receive enough registrations, nor were they able to line up workers to staff the camp. A letter went out to the churches and pastors with a fuller explanation and more information. Thank you for your understanding and prayer as plans are made for BCKC 2021. If you have questions, you can direct them to Camp Director, Rev. Dave Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Despite Covid-19 and other complications, the missions work in Detroit continues. This year we are going into the neighborhoods and handing out Bible Book Bags. We have collected $2000 for this project but there is still a need for an additional $500. If you or your church would like, to help please contact Tim Patch at 248-505-9570 or email@example.com.
- NEW BEGINNINGS MC, MT. MORRIS, is planning their first annual CHURCH CAMP OUT on June 26-28 at their property, 2232 E. Mt. Morris Rd., Mt. Morris, MI. Camping is free with electric provided. Campfire, games, Gospel recording artist Jonathan White (Saturday) and a potluck following church on Sunday are just some of the events planned for the weekend. For more information or to RSVP for a lot, call Pastor Don Frey at (810) 922-3140 or Pastor Nan Roberts at (810) 444-4616 or you can email the church office at newbeginningsmissionarychurch.org.
- UPCOMING EVENTS: We will keep you posted in the E-Prayer and on the website if there are any changes in the upcoming events in light of the coronavirus situation.
- JULY 19-26 – MANCELONA FAMILY CAMP – http://www.mancelonacamp.org/covid-19-response.html
- JULY 30-AUGUST 9 – BROWN CITY FAMILY CAMP
- OCTOBER 12-14 – MINISTERS’ RETREAT, AUSABLE, MANCELONA