Michigan Region of the Missionary Church
1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
MAY 24, 2017
PRAISE & PRAYER:
- Congratulations to Bible Quizzers who participated in International Quiz Finals at Bethel College last weekend. COLONIAL WOODS experienced team took home first place and their rookie team placed second in their division. RACHEL HENION, also of COLONIAL WOODS, was the Most Valuable Quizzer. All of these young people are hiding God’s Word in their hearts which makes them all winners!
- Sympathy is extended to the family of DARRELL SCHLABACH who went home to be with Jesus late Monday evening. Darrell was a long-time member of the District Executive Board/Regional Oversight Council, past president of Michigan Missionary Loans and Investments (MMLI) and former missionary. Darrell also served on boards at the denominational level and at his alma mater, Bethel College. Visitation for Darrell will be at the Carman Funeral Home in Brown City on Wednesday, May 31, from 3:00 to 8:00 PM. The memorial service will take place at BROWN CITY MISSIONARY CHURCH on Thursday, June 1, at 11:00 AM. Please remember his daughters BRENDA (MARCUS) WARNER and CINDY (BART) DEPAGE and their families in prayer. Darrell’s wife, Roberta, preceded him in death in 2007.
- ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Please continue to pray for REGIONAL MINISTRIES COORDINATOR REV. AL YERKE as his doctors check his thyroid, adjust his medications and monitor his heart to determine how to best deal with his heart issue. He will be wearing a heart monitor for a period of time to help diagnose the problem.
- Pray for KAREN HOLCOMB-DENSMORE (REV. TIM HOLCOMB-DENSMORE) as she continues to receive treatments for cancer.
- CALL TO PRAYER FROM MCUSA:
PRAYFIRST! is both a call to action as well as a statement of priority. Paul wrote to Timothy, “I urge, then, first of all, requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone” – I Timothy 2:1. In Acts 6:4, as the church expanded and needs increased, the leaders determined that they should give themselves to prayer and the ministry of the Word. Prayer was of first importance and not the last resort. Jesus said his house was to be a house of prayer.
The Missionary Church is committed to the Great Commission – to multiplying disciples around the world. PRAYFIRST! is the reminder that making disciples begins with prayer. Raising up leaders for the harvest begins with prayer. Going the ends of the earth with the Gospel message begins with prayer.
- PRAYFIRST! is a call to make spiritual disciplines a priority!
- PRAYFIRST! is a reminder to make the multiplication of disciples a prayer priority.
- PRAYFIRST! is a reminder for every church to pray faithfully for their pastors.
- PRAYFIRST! is a reminder to pray for God’s leading and blessing on each local church.
- PRAYFIRST! is also a call to pray for revival throughout the nation.
We are praying that God will raise up an army of intercessors and that each church will truly be a house of prayer.
To sign up to pray for Shift (MC National Conference) go to: http://mcusa.org/prayer
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- ALL HAPPY TIME CHILDREN’S CAMP REGISTRATIONS are due at the Regional Resource Center by June 1. Brochures and registration forms are available at your local Michigan Region Missionary Church or on our web site at: http://www.mcmichigan.org/ministries/happy-time-childrens-camp/
- MEMORIAL PRAISE GATHERING this Sunday afternoon in the EASTMAN TABERNACLE on the grounds of BROWN CITY CAMP, MAY 28 from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. All are welcome to attend this concert sponsored by the THUMB MISSIONAL NETWORK. Justified Quartet (http://justifiedqt.net/) and the Mark & Andrea Forester Family (http://www.forestersgospelmusic.com/) will be the featured guests. A love offering will be taken to cover the expenses.
- FAITH MC, FLINT, will host a CAR SHOW June 4th from 3:00 to 6:00 PM.
- BROWN CITY CAMP WORK WEEK is June 12-16. Come on out and help get the campgrounds ready for the summer!
- ELKTON MISSIONARY CHURCH is looking for an ASSOCIATE PASTOR with an emphasis in Youth Ministry. Contact REV. REG COURLISS at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 2017 CAMP SCHEDULE:
- HAPPY TIME CHILDREN’S CAMP – JUNE 19-23
- MANCELONA FAMILY CAMP – JULY 16-22
- BROWN CITY FAMILY CAMP – AUGUST 3-13