Michigan Region of the Missionary Church
1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
JUNE 28, 2017
PRAISE & PRAYER:
- Prayer is requested for retired minister REV. WILLARD WILLIAMS who has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver. He is also having blood pressure issues. The Williams have opted not to seek any treatment for the cancer.
- Congratulations to PASTOR GREG & LYNDEE NEUMAYER (PARKSIDE CC, STERLING HTS.) on the birth of their son MATHIAS NOA. Weighing in at 8 lb. 12 oz., Mathias was born Saturday morning (6/24). He is welcomed at home by big sister ALLETHEIA.
- NEW FAITH CHAPEL, ROMULUS, has called REV. LANCE (STEPHANIE) WITHAM to serve as their new pastor. The Withams will begin ministry at NFC on July 30. Please pray for the Withams as the make the move from Indiana.
- Pray for our upcoming MISSIONARY CHURCH CONFERENCE, SHIFT 2017, which will take place in Fort Wayne July 10-13. July 3-10 is being set aside as a 24/7 Week of Prayer for SHIFT. For information on how you can be involved in this special time of prayer, go to mcusa.org/prayer and see what it is all about.
- LYNN MELCHER, wife of WATERTOWN MC pastor PAUL MELCHER is still dealing with an elevated white blood cell count that is causing her surgery for a large abdominal mass to be postponed. She will continue on two antibiotics for the next week to try to reduce whatever infection there is.
- Please continue to pray for DORIS FERGUSON, mother of REV. RICK FERGUSON (BETHEL MC, YALE) who is in rehab but fighting a MRSA infection. Pray that she will be able to return to assisted living at Hubbard Hill Estates and that her appetite will increase.
- REGIONAL MINISTRIES COORDINATOR DR. AL YERKE is scheduled for a heart catheterization next Wednesday, July 5. Please pray that they will be able to pinpoint what is causing his ongoing heart issues.
- WORLD PARTNERS:
- Pray for RICK, MADARA, and NOAH DUGAN as they have moved from Cyprus to the U.S. for one year as Rick transitions to becoming the Director of International Development for World Partners. Pray for Rick as he prepares to facilitate and lead the Regional Strategy Coordinator meeting occurring the first week of July. Pray also for Rick as he continues treatment for his thyroid cancer.
- Pray for the World Partners staff as the World Partners Regional Strategy Coordinators (RSC) meetings taking place at the World Partners office July 3-7. Pray for safety for the RSCs as they travel from various parts around the globe to Fort Wayne to attend the meetings. These men are leading regional efforts to make disciples. Pray for the Spirit’s leading, unity, and understanding for this multicultural team.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- LAMOTTE MC, MARLETTE, has a new phone number 810-272-0099. Please make this change in your directories.
- PETE & URSALA HUBLEY, World Partner missionaries to BULGARIA will share about their ministry at DAVISON MC on July 9 at 10:00 AM.
- Regional Ministries Coordinator DR. AL YERKE has recently experienced some health issues related to his heart and adjusting to new medications. The Regional Oversight Council has granted Al a medical leave and sabbatical for the months of July and August. The Regional leaders are asking that this sabbatical be a total disconnect from Al’s responsibilities for the Region. Pastors and churches can be assured that the Regional Office Staff and the Regional Oversight Council will be dealing with Al’s responsibilities during this time. Please feel free to call or email the office while Al is gone. Items that would normally be addressed by Al will either be cared for by the office staff, directed to the appropriate district/network director, or delegated to a member of the ROC who will respond on behalf of the Region. We ask that you pray for Al to have a real sense of God’s restorative power during this time. We also ask that you respect the direction of the Regional Oversight Council and do not contact or ask Al to handle anything related to the Region, your church, or camp. Please work through the alternate channels that have been set up during these two months.
Rev. Doug Connelly, for the Regional Oversight Council
- BROWN CITY YOUTH CAMP – HELP NEEDED:
- NITE SPOTS – REV. MATT MENDENHALL & PASTOR MATT WYATT are looking for energetic people who are willing to step up and help with Nite Spot activities after the evening services at BCC. They are looking to revamp these activities and suggestions are welcome. Interested? Contact Pastor Matt Wyatt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- SMALL GROUP LEADERS – We need 10-12 people with hearts to minister to Junior or Senior High students. These leaders would need to be available to attend the youth services at 9:30 each morning and lead the discussion group time that follows (11:00 – 12:00). Leaders would come up with questions and discussion points based on the speaker’s message each morning. Pastors, youth pastors, youth sponsors and others who have a heart to help teens deepen their faith in Christ are welcome to help in this area. Contact Pastor Matt Wyatt at email@example.com for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Next week’s E-PRAYER is planned for Thursday, July 6, due to the holiday and Al’s medical procedure. Thanks for understanding.