Michigan Region of the Missionary Church
FEBRUARY 15, 2017
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Pray for the newly formed THUMB NETWORK who are holding a banquet this Friday (Feb. 17) at LAMOTTE MISSIONARY CHURCH. Ninety-five pastors and lay leaders from nine churches are expected for this evening of food, fellowship, inspiration and challenge.
- WORLD PARTNER missionary to Ireland RANDY FUDGE will have eye surgery this Friday, February 17. Please pray for a successful surgery and prompt healing.
- Praise the Lord that LAURIE SHAFFER, wife of Regional Oversight Council member BILL SHAFFER, who was admitted to the hospital last week with a blood pressure issue passed her stress test and was released the next day.
- ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Please continue in prayer for ANGIE ASPY, wife PASTOR MARK ASPY (FAITH CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, HART). The doctor says that she has anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (a stroke in the optic nerve in her eye) which has caused the loss of vision. Continue to pray for Angie’s healing and the restoration of her sight.
- KAREN, wife of Regional minister REV. TIM HOLCOMB-DENSMORE, is receiving chemo in her battle with cancer.
- Continue to pray for REV. TIM PATCH, GRACE MC – WATERFORD, as he recovers from a recent heart attack.
- AMANDA KELLER, daughter-in-law of REV. JIM & BRENDA KELLER, is being treated for problems with ongoing dizziness, nausea and headaches. She is doing better but is not back to normal yet. Please pray for complete recuperation and restoration of her health.
- Pray for REV. KARL YODER, LIVING WATER FELLOWSHIP (formerly MUD LAKE CC), as he recovers from surgery on his foot.
- GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter of REV. RICHARD & JUNE CULP, continues to receive chemo to remain cancer free.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- ANNUAL REPORTS DUE TODAY FEBRUARY 15. Pastors, please be sure to complete your annual ministerial report with the Missionary Church. Church statistical reports are also due today. Log onto the denominational web site to complete these reports: https://www.mcusa.org/annual-reports/
- GENERATE 1 with REV. JOSH DUNCAN facilitating will take place on March 4 at TRINITY MC, PETOSKEY. Register with the Michigan Region by emailing email@example.com
- MIDLAND MC is hosting a one day youth conference called BIG EVENT on Saturday, March 4th from 10:00-4:30. We will have a concert with Matt Moore, a speaker, giveaways, sports tournaments, and more! Lunch is included. The cost is $5 per person. Come join us!
- SON’S LIFE MC, SEBEWAING, will hold revival services on March 7-9 at 7:00 PM. Guest speakers are: PHIL WHIPPLE (3/7); ART THOMAS (3/8); RICHARD CRISCO (3/9). SON’S LIFE MC is located at 1 West Main St., Sebewaing.
- CROSSROADS CC, CHINA, MI is hosting a MARRIAGE ON MISSION CONFERENCE with TOM & SANDI BLAYLOCK on March 17 (7:00 PM) & 18 (9:00 AM). For information and to register go to: http://crossroadscco.com/connect/marriage-on-mission
- CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INSTITUTE (CMI) will be offering The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit (THE 201) on three Saturdays in March (4, 18, and 25) at the WARREN COMMUNITY CHURCH. The instructor is Pastor Doug Connelly and the class meets from 9 AM until 2 PM. The class is an ordination level class but any student is welcome to attend. If you are interested in growing deeper in your understanding of God’s Word, please consider attending. Registration forms are available on the Regional website. Call Pastor Connelly for more details – 586-703-5402.
- 2017 CALENDAR:
- March 10-11 – PASTORS & SPOUSES’ RETREAT, Midland’s H Hotel
- May 2 – REGIONAL CONFERENCE, Colonial Woods MC, Port Huron
- June 12-16 – BROWN CITY CAMP WORK WEEK
- June 19-23 – HAPPY TIME CAMP, Brown City Campground
- July 10-13 – SHIFT GENERAL CONFERENCE, Fort Wayne
- July 16-22 – MANCELONA FAMILY CAMP
- August 3-13 – BROWN CITY FAMILY CAMP