E-PRAYER 1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Phone: (810) 742-7462 ~ Fax: (810) 742-8102 E-Mail: email@example.com Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
NOVEMBER 25, 2020
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- Praise God, from whom all blessings flow! As we celebrate Thanksgiving this week, let us remember to thank our heavenly Father for the many blessings that are ours in spite of the fact that this year is different from what we are used to. He is still good, and He is still God and He still loves us! Jesus still redeems and the Spirit still leads men to repentance! Praise God’s Holy Name! Psalm 95:1-7a
- Regional Director REV. JIM JORDAN’S next heart cath procedure is scheduled for December 15. Please continue to pray for Jim as he awaits the procedure.
- Several of our churches, their pastors, and staff have been wrestling with the COVID-19 virus in their congregations. Pray for our state and our country as decisions are made and various opinions are shared. Lives and livelihoods are on the line and emotions are on edge. May the church be the church and show the love of Christ especially in times such as these.
- WORLD PARTNERS INFO:
- We rejoice with World Partners Director DAVE MANN that he has received approval to care for his wife BRENDA at their home! Pray for Dave as he makes arrangements with health care workers to help with the transition, hopefully within the next couple weeks. Dave is hopeful that moving home will help Brenda recover.
- Christmas monetary gifts for World Partners overseas staff need to arrive in the World Partners office no later than Friday, December 4, to be included in the December payroll. Make checks payable to World Partners. In the memo line, clearly indicate the check is a “personal gift” and be sure to include the recipient’s name. Please be aware these gifts are not tax deductible. Please send checks to the World Partners office, P.O. Box 9333, Fort Wayne, IN 46899
- ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Please continue to pray for the family REV. PHIL WHIPPLE (TRINITY MC, YALE) who recently went home to be with Jesus due to complications from COVID – 19. Remember his wife, SANDY and their sons, JOSH, and MIKE and their families as well as the TRINITY MC family as they deal with Phil’s homegoing.
- JIM THOMPSON, METRO DETROIT DIRECTOR, is recovering from COVID-19 and working to regain his strength and stamina. The Thompsons appreciate your prayers.
- CHARLIE GREEN, NEW HOPE FELLOWSHIP MC, CLARE is on the waiting list for a liver transplant. Please continue to pray for Charlie and Joyce as he awaits the transplant.
- LEEANN JORDAN, daughter of REV. JIM & LOIS JORDAN, is having chemo treatments for colon cancer Pray for her to remain healthy and be able to withstand the side effects of the treatments. May the Lord provide healing from the cancer and complete health.
- TINA FICK, wife of REV. KEVIN FICK, Associate Pastor at FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH (BROWN CITY), had knee replacement surgery yesterday. Pray for Tina as she recovers and goes through physical therapy.
- Continue to pray for GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter of retired Regional pastor, REV. RICHARD & (JUNE) CULP, in her battle with breast cancer. She continues to receive chemo treatments every three weeks.
- RUSS HOLLENBAUGH, brother of CYNDEE (REV. TOM) BRINK, LAMOTTE MC, MARLETTE, is recovering from a 30-foot fall.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- The MICHIGAN REGION PASTORS & SPOUSES’ RETREAT info recently went out. The February 5-6 retreat will take place in Bay City with housing at the DOUBLETREE HOTEL and (due to COVID restrictions) meals and events at NEW LIFE MISSIONARY CHURCH. The brochure is available on the website at: mcmichigan.org Churches are encouraged to cover the cost of the retreat for their pastors and spouses.
- FAITH MISSIONARY CHURCH, FLINT, is looking for a church secretary for 20 hours a week. The primary role would be to provide administrative support to the pastors and church leadership. Also included are several other office tasks including filing, maintenance of the church website, Facebook page, and other communication mediums. If interested in this ministry opportunity or need more information, please contact Pastor Brent Kriesch by phone (810) 732-8570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ROYAL OAK CHURCH is seeking a part-time person who can assist their Family Ministry Pastor with the most pressing needs being directing small groups, cultivating relationships with families raising children and teens, and assisting with community relationships. If the candidate has other skills, such as music, graphic design, etc., these can be tailored into the position. This would be an ideal position for someone looking to get a start in a professional pastoral role or for someone who is more of a director-type who wants to get involved in a great, growing church and lives within a reasonable distance of Royal Oak. The position will be open this Fall. Interested parties are invited to send resumes and cover letters to Pastor Bill Barnwell at: email@example.com
- ATTENTION PASTORS & WORSHIP TEAMS: MARK YOUR CALENDARS for January 15-16, 2021 and plan to attend ReFuel! Guest artists and speakers include Andi Rozier, Vertical Church Band, Christy & Nathan Nockels, and Pastor Jonathan Miller (Pastor YPJ). The goal of ReFuel Conference is to create time and space for teams to be together, to be encouraged and to be equipped to continue leading the local church in worship. This year the conference will be offered both in-person on the campus of BETHEL UNIVERSITY, MISHAWAKA, IN and virtually. The Friday evening concert with Vertical Worship is open to the public and is a separate and additional $10 ticket. The rate to register is $45 per person for in-person registration, $20 per person for the virtual option. Groups of 10 or more, email firstname.lastname@example.org for special pricing codes. For more information, go to: https://refuelconference.com/ or email: email@example.com
- Due to all the uncertainty of the times with the COVID – 19 restrictions, the DISCOVER Conference Committee made the hard decision to cancel the 2021 conference that was planned for February. They are already working toward DISCOVER CONFERENCE 2022 which is planned for February 11-13, 2022.