E-PRAYER 1091 Creekwood Trail ~ Burton, MI 48509
Phone: (810) 742-7462 ~ Fax: (810) 742-8102 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web Site: www.mcmichigan.org
SEPTEMBER 23, 2020
PRAYER & PRAISE:
- PHIL BURKETT, CASS CITY MC, will have back surgery on Monday, September 28, in Bay City. Please pray for him and the medical team that will be taking care of him. He will have a few weeks of limited physical activity following the surgery.
- REGIONAL DIRECTOR, REV. JIM (RUBY) JORDAN is on a medical leave of absence through the middle of October. Jim, who suffered a heart attack in August, will have a consultation with a heart specialist at Henry Ford Hospital on October 9 to address an artery that remains 100% blocked. Pray that the Lord will provide a full and complete healing for Jim.
- From World Partners: EUROPE: Pray for RICK DUGAN, GABI NOBRE, and JEREMY TICE as they continue to plan for the World Partners Eastern and Western European staff meetings taking place the last two weeks in October.
- Thank the Lord for a good Missionary Church Prayer Awakening Conference Monday and Tuesday of this week.
- ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS
- LEEANN JORDAN, daughter of REV. JIM & LOIS JORDAN, will begin her chemo treatments for colon cancer tomorrow (9/24). She also went back to work part-time this week. Please continue to pray for Leeann.
- CHARLIE GREEN, NEW HOPE FELLOWSHIP MC, CLARE is on the waiting list for a liver transplant. The procedures he has been having to drain his abdomen and lungs on a regular basis are about to change. On Sept. 29 they will be putting in a shunt which will essentially bypass his liver which is the cause of the fluid build-up. Pray for this procedure and for Charlie to have a good outcome from it as he awaits a liver transplant.
- Continue to pray for GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter of retired Regional pastor, REV. RICHARD & (JUNE) CULP, in her battle with breast cancer. Recent scans show that the brain tumor has doubled in size since April but there is no sign of cancer in other parts of her body.
- TIM PATCH, GRACE MC, WATERFORD, had a total knee replacement on September 10 and is receiving physical therapy.
- BRENDA MANN, wife of WORLD PARTNERS DIRECTOR DAVE MANN, remains in the nursing home and is only able to visit with her family members through a window. As you pray for Brenda, pray that they would soon be able to meet in person again.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
- FAITH MISSIONARY CHURCH, FLINT, is looking for a church secretary for 20 hours a week. The primary role would be to provide administrative support to the pastors and church leadership. Also included are several other office tasks including filing, maintenance of the church website, Facebook page, and other communication mediums. If interested in this ministry opportunity or need more information, please contact Pastor Brent Kriesch by phone (810) 732-8570 or email email@example.com.
- ROYAL OAK CHURCH is seeking a part-time person who can assist their Family Ministry Pastor with the most pressing needs being directing small groups, cultivating relationships with families raising children and teens, and assisting with community relationships. If the candidate has other skills, such as music, graphic design, etc., these can be tailored into the position. This would be an ideal position for someone looking to get a start in a professional pastoral role or for someone who is more of a director-type who wants to get involved in a great, growing church and lives within a reasonable distance of Royal Oak. The position will be open this Fall. Interested parties are invited to send resumes and cover letters to Pastor Bill Barnwell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastors and lay workers are invited to a PRAYER WALK in MIDLAND TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13 from 10:00 AM to NOON. The prayer walk will be in support of church planting efforts that are underway in the community, an area devastated by flooding in May. Walkers will meet in downtown Midland at the Farmer’s Market parking lot next door to the H-Hotel, near the Tridge landmark. The event is sponsored by the THUMB and CENTRAL NETWORKS. For more details, contact Al Yerke at the Regional Office (email@example.com) or Thumb Network Director, Reg Courliss (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ATTENTION PASTORS & WORSHIP TEAMS: MARK YOUR CALENDARS for January 15-16, 2021 and plan to attend ReFuel! Guest artists and speakers include Andi Rozier, Vertical Church Band, Christy & Nathan Nockels, and Pastor Jonathan Miller (Pastor YPJ). The goal of ReFuel Conference is to create time and space for teams to be together, to be encouraged and to be equipped to continue leading the local church in worship. This year the conference will be offered both in-person on the campus of BETHEL UNIVERSITY, MISHAWAKA, IN and virtually. The Friday evening concert with Vertical Worship is open to the public and is a separate and additional $10 ticket. For the lowest rate, register your team by Oct. 14 for just $35 per person for in-person registration, $20 per person for the virtual option. Groups of 10 or more, email email@example.com for special pricing codes. For more information, go to: https://refuelconference.com/ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those interested in Christian Voter Guides, here are a couple links.
- From Right to Life Michigan – https://rtl.org/legislation/ballot/
- From the non-partisan My Faith Votes – org